Addictions Counselor II MSMH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lewiston, NY, United States
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Mt St Marys Hospital Work Schedule: Days and Evenings Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Provides a program of rehabilitative therapy to compliment the patient's total treatment plan. As part of a multidisciplinary team, provides alcoholism/addiction counseling and mental health services as a clinician under direct supervision. Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation as appropriate to the ages of patients served, based on the areas of clinical practice.Responsibilities:
- Associate's Degree and/or CASAC or other Q.H.P. Status required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Four (4) years' experience in treatment with addicted populations required
- Inpatient experience, experience with MICA clients, and computerized documentation.
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Answer telephones
- Compose letters/memorandums
- Input data into computer programs
- Maintain logs
- Maintain patient charts
- Proofread documents
- Schedule appointments
- Personal Computer
- Must have adequate writing skills applicable to the job; pre-employment writing sample
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
- May be exposed to toxic chemicals.
- Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances.
- May be exposed to/occasionally exposed to patient elements.
- Exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness).
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Handles emergency or crisis situations.
- Subject to many interruptions.