Chief Medical Officer Catholic Medical Partners CMP
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 27, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is responsible for providing the clinical leadership for all medical management initiatives for Catholic Medical Partners (CMP). The CMO sets the direction to drive performance improvement leveraging health information technology and analytics in clinical quality, medical management innovation, network integrity, value based care, clinical transformation, and care management. The Chief Medical Officer works in close collaboration with Catholic Health Chief Physician Executive, Health Plan Chief Medical Officers and the CMP Board of Directors to provide Population Health Management through a Clinical Integration strategy. The Chief Medical Officer plays an integral role as a member of the leadership team led by the President and CEO. As a member of CMPs leadership team, the CMO will help develop and actively support the vision, mission and strategies of the organization, and actively participates in the creation of these to effectively define, articulate and address current and future needs of the IPA. He/she works alongside the Director of Care Management as a functional management dyad.Responsibilities:
- Medical Degree from a medical school recognized by the New York State Board of Regents
- Board Certified Physician
- Current unrestricted medical license in NYS
- Masters degree in Business, Public Health or Health Care Administration preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- At least five (5) years clinical practice, preferably in private practice.
- Experience leading cross-functional/disciplinary teams of medical practitioners and care teams through major change/transformation.
- Experience in managed care, clinical protocol development, medical management, case management, chronic condition management, health promotion and/or quality management programs
- At least five (5) years leadership role (i.e., ACO, IPA, Large Multi-Specialty Group, Integrated Delivery System, Health Plan)
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to forge collaborative, trusting relationships among diverse physician practices, regional health plans, Catholic Health and institutional members.
- Demonstrated collaborative management style promoting team concept and the ability to bring diverse stakeholders together around challenges and opportunities to achieve a common goal. Demonstrates organizational agility.
- Strong, broad knowledge and perspective of the integrated delivery system (accountable care organization) and the independent physician practices. Ability to create competitive strategies.
- Proven track record for positive relationships with specialists, sub-specialists, primary care physicians, community-based physicians, and hospital-based physicians.
- Strong ability to work effectively through complex situations with many diverse work roles, builds rapport and mutual trust with others easily. Demonstrates political and interpersonal savvy.
- Learns quickly, open to change; analyzes successes and failures to inform strategy.
- Knowledgeable of current and potential future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting value based care strategies and initiatives on the local and national levels. Strong understanding of managed care processes and contracts.
- Skillful negotiating skills, demonstrated diplomacy, ability to win concessions without damaging relationships, good sense of timing.
- Strong planning skills, zeros in on the critical few priorities, sets defined goals and objectives. Accurately scopes out resources and length of time required. Adjusts for roadblocks and problems, measures performance against goals and evaluates results.
- Demonstrates strong time management skills, attends to a broad range of activities. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once. Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Strong ability to analyze data for quality and efficiency performance improvement.
- Strong creative and critical thinking skills to find effective solutions to difficult problems.
- Displays strong leadership skills i.e., widely trusted, truthful, approachable, open, accountable makes timely decisions, ability to influence and motivate others. Empowers and trusts team members, clearly and comfortably delegates. Demonstrates self-awareness (strengths, weaknesses, limits and opportunities).
- Action oriented, energetic, displays perseverance and the confidence to seize opportunities. Can be counted on to steadfastly push self and others for results.
- Sought by others for advice and solutions, intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Is composed under pressure, can be counted on to hold things together and provides a settling influence in times of crisis.
- Seeks to understand, obtains first-hand information to improve programs and services. Understands people and data before making decisions or acting.
- Strong conflict management skills, reads situations quickly, relishes leading, takes on adversity head on, able to find common ground and possesses the courage to stand alone.
- Demonstrated ability to shift gears quickly and lead others through change and periods of ambiguity.
- Demonstrates the ability to change personal, interpersonal and managerial behavior quickly, can read others.
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills with the ability to think, act, and challenge in a manner that fosters openness, trust, collaboration, teamwork, and shared vision/goal.
- Solid experience using new information technology.
- Superior presentation skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts and information in a concise and easy to understand manner. Is effective inside and outside the organization. Can manage group process during a presentation and adjust tactics midstream when something isn't working.
- Excellent Knowledge of effective Public Health interventions.
- Excellent and successful track record of community involvement in a leadership role.