Nurse Assistant 3 West SCH
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: May 20, 2019
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.600000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The PCA II on 3 West delivers direct patient care, provides safety, hygiene and comfort measures, restocks supplies and works under the direct supervision of the Registered Professional Nurse.Responsibilities:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous PCA experience preferred.
- In terms of eight-hour work day, the employee must be able to lift objects, bend, stoop, squat, push, pull, carry objects, as well as lift patients.
- Must be able to hear high-pitched or low-pitched sounds, hear ordinary conversation.
- Employee must be able to see with near activity.
- Position requires coordination for repetitive action.
- Must have the ability to communicate both verbally and non-verbally, as well as ability to communicate in writing.
- Ability to perform technical aspects of job with unit-based equipment.
- Ability to work across Service Line
- Ability to meet demands of unit staffing - need for increased census and acuity.
- Adaptable to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.