Nuclear Medicine Technologist MHB
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: May 23, 2019
Status: Per Diem Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.100000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Performs a variety of duties involving patient imaging, camera instrumentation, radiopharmaceutical preparation, in vitro non imaging procedures and student training, according to guidelines set forth by JCAHO, NYSDOH, CLIA, OSHA and the Kenmore Mercy Hospital Nuclear Medicine Department. Performs weekend emergency calls.Responsibilities:
- BS Degree Nuclear Medicine Technology or related field
- Current Certification or eligible by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) and/or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists - Nuclear Medicine Registry (ARRT) (N).
- Registry eligible technologists must become registered within one (1) year of hire date.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year working experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist or graduate of an accredited nuclear medicine program that includes a nuclear medicine internship.
- Within six- (6) months employee should be able to perform in an acceptable manner.
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Good judgement.
- Analytical ability.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to interpret data and draw conclusions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Normal to cool temperature, dimmer lights.
- Frequent exposure to ionizing radiation.