Supervisor Hospitality Dietary
Location: Orchard Park, NY, United States
Date Posted: May 28, 2019
Status: Full Time Flex Facility: Father Baker Manor Work Schedule: Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Supervisor, Hospitality is responsible for promoting, monitoring and maintaining a positive service culture at the Administrative and Regional Training Center (ARTC). This position will coordinate meal service, organize special events, cater events, direct the staff, and supervise the daily operations of the ARTC Café. Adheres to HACCP guidelines for food safety, temperature control, food storage and handling, along with following the Department of Health regulations. Coordinates the menu development, purchasing of food & supplies, hires, evaluates, and schedules staff. Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required
- A.A.S. or Bachelor degree in Food Service Management/ Hospitality, Business or related field preferred
- HACCP/ Serve Safe Certified preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum of six (6) months experience in food production, inventory, ordering and customer service required
- Experience in a healthcare facility (nursing home, hospital, cafeteria or assisted living) hotel hospitality, restaurant management preferred
- Possess a valid driver's license and have a car available for work use
- Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Managing or supervisory skills
- Demonstrates computer skills and can process documents on Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse work group;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and job responsibility;
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills and ability to meet time frames.
- Independent decision maker.
- Willing to accept new assignments and responsibilities in problem-solving.
- Demonstrates strong skills in reasoning, analysis and strategic thinking.
- May work at other CH locations, as required.
- Exposed to hazards from electrical/ mechanical equipment;
- Exposed to housekeeping/ cleaning agents.
- Subject to flammable, explosive gases, cuts and burns.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Exposed to hazards of steam and heat, along with varying degrees of kitchen elements.
- Standing and walking most of the day.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.