Registered Nurse 4 North MHB
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: May 29, 2019
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Nights with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 3: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.630000: Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Summary:
Coordinates total nursing care for the patient by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating. Participates in patient and family teaching. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary, nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in clinical setting.Responsibilities:
EXPERIENCEKNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- The graduate nurse is a beginning practitioner gaining experience in all of the above, always under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Graduate Nurses must take and pass the New York state licensing boards within four (4) months of their hire date.
- Registered Nurse must be currently licensed in New York State.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing currently registered in New York State.
- BLS validation and revalidation in accordance to AHA standards.
- BSN Preferred
- Participates in educational conferences and upgrades and maintains professional knowledge and skills related to the area of responsibility, maintains confidentiality, understands legal aspects of the job function, adheres to hospital policies and procedures. Role involves a variety of problems to be solved under general guidelines, and calls for a variety of decisions, some of which are complex and must be referred to a resource person.
- Assists in directing a small group of employees performing similar or related tasks of semi-skilled nature. Instructs employees. Assigns, evaluates performance, and maintains efficiency of staff assigned to him/her.
- Have obligations to conserve supplies, equipment and time in a cost-effective environment.
- Good mental and physical health.
- The ability to cope with stress and handle multiple priorities is required.
- May also be exposed to communicable diseases.