Monitor Technician 5 South SJC
Location: Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Date Posted: May 30, 2019
Status: Per Diem Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph Campus Work Schedule: Nights with Call Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 3: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.100000: Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1168Summary:
The Monitor Technicians primary responsibility is to observe the cardiac monitors and complete documentation as required on the Telemetry Unit. The monitor technicians works closely with the RNs and CN on the unit. The monitor tech must also be competent in all Nurse Assistant functions as directed by the Nurse.Responsibilities:
- High School Graduate, ability to read with comprehension, does simple arithmetic and writes legibly.
- Successful completion of arrhythmia course.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous Monitor Tech experience preferred
- PCA or Nurse Assistant experience preferred.
- EKG and arrhythmia interpretation
- Successfully pass written examination following training course
- Able to sit long periods concentrating on monitors regardless of environmental activity and noise
- Good communication skills
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Frequent exposure to many disagreeable physical conditions.