Medical Office Specialist Medical Staff Office SCH
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jun 3, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Medical Office Specialist is responsible for assisting with the credentialing of the Catholic Health Medical Staff as it relates to the credentialing of the medical staff members in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws, Joint Commission standards and the Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS) and New York State regulatory requirements. The Medical Office Specialist shall assist the Medical Staff Coordinator when required. To assist in all processes that follow the initial credentialing and re-credentialing done by the System Verification Office (SVO) for Medical Staff membership. May perform duties for members of the Medical Staff and assist with Medical Staff committees as required. Responsibilities:
- Associate's degree in business or related health care field required
- In lieu of an Associate's degree, a minimum of 3 years of direct credentialing experience required.
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPSC) certification desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Three (3) years of experience in a Medical Staff Office environment required
- Experience with Physician credentialing required
- Web based credentialing and privileging software experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of JC/NYS 405 Standards strongly preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of automated Medical Staff or physician office systems
- Knowledge of web-based credentialing and privileging software.
- Must have a high degree of integrity that is aligned with the values of the organization.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to provide work of high quality and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to remain confidential on all Medical Staff matters
- Must be knowledgeable of JC/NYS 405 Standards as they apply to Medical Staff credentialing.