Application Programmer Analyst I Ancillary Clinicals
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Facilitates a process, people and technology method of transformation. Supports the organizations IT Applications for Catholic Health (CH) facilities. Identifies and implements software solutions for CH business and/or clinical needs. Brings vendor software solutions to CH customers. Serves as a technical liaison. Responsibilities include system installation and maintenance. Performs problem diagnostics, resolution, and documentation. Provides technical and functional analysis, system building, and testing. Prepares specifications and documentation related to systems. Provides support for specific projects. Knows the business and/or clinical processes and the technical mechanics to support the work. The first level does so at a basic to beginner complexity and competency. Procedures for the job are general, and work is supervised and guided by manager or team member. Employee knows and analyzes procedures, interprets them and adapts them with limited discretion as necessary. Responsibilities:
- Bachelors: minimum one (1) year of job experience in a computer science, business or healthcare field
- Associates: minimum three (3) years of job experience in a computer science, business or healthcare field
- High School Diploma or equivalent: minimum five to six (5-6) years of job experience in a computer science, business or healthcare related experience in lieu of degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Basic computer experience required, with personal computer applications and larger systems.
- Previous healthcare information systems experience highly recommended.
- Candidates for a Clinical team may preferably have related health care specialty experience such as Nursing, Med Tech, Respiratory Therapy, Physical Therapy, or Pharmacy.
- Candidates for a clinical team should also be familiar with regulatory requirements applicable to patient care to include, but not limited to, JCAHO, NYSDOH, HIPAA, and OSHA. Clinical team candidates should also be familiar with patient care processes commonly found across the continuum of care.
- Industry Certifications recognized with preference.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of system concepts, techniques, tools, and standards required. Demonstrated systems knowledge of assigned application areas.
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated beginner skills with personal computer applications, including Windows, Microsoft Office applications and teleconferencing tools.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with hospital staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated track record of operations and system documentation.
- Ability and means to travel among CH sites.
- Ability to travel to vendor sponsored training and user events. This may include air travel and overnight stays outside of WNY.
- Ability to successfully complete any required training and/or certifications pertinent to software support.
- Access to confidential information and handling of regulated content such as PHI is constant. Some access to confidential business data is included.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Position requires flexible scheduling which may include covering evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays in order to provide support.
- Position requires routine on call assignment requiring individual to be available by phone and have access to a computer, internet access, and ability to log in. On call responsibilities may also require individual to come on site as necessary.