Manager Public Relations and Community Affairs MSM
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lewiston, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 10, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Mount St Marys Hospital Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Manager Public Relations and Community Affairs at Mount St. Mary's is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing public relations, community relations, and advocacy activities that promote and protect the Catholic Health and Mount St. Mary's ministry level brands including, but not limited to internal communications in support of various projects, initiatives, and promotions; external communications to the general community; social media; proactive and reactive media relations; local business relations; and communications that support physician relations and service line promotion. The Manager Public Relations and Community Affairs develops and maintains relationships with the Mount St. Mary's ministry-level leadership and management teams to help identify and promote news and events that will advance the mission of the ministry and the system. Reporting to the Catholic Health Manager of Public Relations, the Manager Public Relations and Community Affairs will coordinate Mount St. Mary's ministry-level Public Relations activities to be consistent with the established Public Relations goals and strategies of the system, and will have support responsibilities for all other Ministries and corporate functions.In addition to the Public Relations activities identified above, the Manager Public Relations and Community Affairs has the following responsibilities:Working with identified Catholic Health leadership, the Manager Public Relations and Community Affairs will:(1) work with ministry Mission Integration to coordinate the development and implementation of the Niagara County Community Health Needs Assessment and Community Service Plan; (2) communicate with the local business community to advocate on behalf of Mount St. Mary's Hospital and Catholic Health. Working with Ministry-level leadership, the Manager Public Relations and Community Affairs will:(1) coordinate and oversee activities of the hospital's St. Francis Guild Auxiliary and Board of Associates volunteers and their initiatives;(2) oversee activities associated with developing a volunteer involvement program for both junior and adult volunteers;(3) coordinate various community activities and;(4) engages local community groups and organizations as appropriate.Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Mass Communication, Marketing Communication or other related field required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of public relations work experience in an large organization setting; preferably in both a large-scale organizational communication and tactical marketing work environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT
- Extensive experience in media relations and publication development.
- Extensive experience in tactical communications planning and implementation
- Demonstrated skills in directing and implementing public relations plans and activities.
- Ability to work with and communicate to elected officials representing the community
- Ability to work with local community organizations and business community to advocate on behalf of the ministry
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with public relations best practices within a health care environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Lewiston and Niagara Falls communities and Niagara County region preferred.
- Ability to work as a member of a system-wide public relations team.
- Ability to work with volunteers of all ages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Photoshop, In Design and other desktop publishing and design tools.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple issues and projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and plan accordingly.
- Possess broad knowledge of health care organizations and the ability to build collaborative relationships across the enterprise.
- Strong understanding of major trends in healthcare and effective use of communication to manage wide-scale change.
- Strong understanding of the healthcare regulatory environment, particularly JCAHO, HIPAA, and NYSDOH.
- Experience in special event planning.
- Experience in Social Media management and monitoring.
- Experience working in both employer represented and union represented work environments is preferred.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.