Vice President Care Management Administration
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Vice President, Care Management is responsible for all components of Care Management across Catholic Health (CH). Included in these responsibilities are Care/Case Management, Care Coordination, and Disease Management along the CH continuum of care. This position is accountable for developing and implementing a CH-wide Care Management strategy with a goal of providing optimum health as well as optimum site of care as needed (inpatient and outpatient). This position will measure the ROI on Care Management functionality, set Care Management standards and establish training and support for all Care Managers, and ensure all Care Management positions across CH perform in a consistent way. Actively analyze the systems performance for care gaps in meeting both CH and our served communities need. Bring about programmatic changes in the way we deliver care through engagement of all the stakeholders in the care delivery process (Population Health). Actively works on personal growth, mentoring of colleagues, and succession planning. Also plays a critical role in System initiatives on Population Health Management, quality improvements, clinical practice standardization, fostering a culture of safety, champion our high reliability & magnet journey, and other cross functional initiatives.Responsibilities:
- Registered Nurse with a current NYS license and an advanced degree in nursing or a related field of study or
- Masters in Social Work with a current NYS clinical social work license or
- Advanced degree in a related health field
- Case Management Certification or Certified Profession in Utilization Management preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of relevant work experience in healthcare in a Care Management Leadership position
- Work experience within a progressive health system of significant size and complexity preferred
- Contract negotiation and/or managed care experience preferred
- Change Driver - Welcomes improvements on a small or large scale; emphasizes continuous improvement; influences others to accept new ideas; builds ownership and gains commitment among affected individuals; conducts research and uses information to identify opportunities
- Mobilizer of Quality Performance - Translates strategy into action steps and activities; builds alignment and agreement among stakeholders; seeks opportunity for collaboration and integration; communicates utilizing a variety of mediums; achieves complex objectives; can get more out of fewer resources.
- Strong, Authentic Communicator - Able to communicate effectively to myriad audiences in a manner that is clear, credible and compelling; Is viewed by staff as an effective organizational communicator; Commits to professional coaching and development to build communication skills
- Strong, inspirational leader of innovation and change
- Ability to lead, challenge, motivate and facilitate teams to achieve results
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to create, implement, and monitor innovative/cutting edge programs
- Demonstrated flexibility in adjusting to changes in priorities and situations within the internal and external environment
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Minimal physical effort required, typical of most office work environments.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.