Sterile Processing Technician SCH SJC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jun 27, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph Campus Work Schedule: Evenings with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 2: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1168Summary:
Responsible for the washing and decontamination of instruments and equipment. Responsible for equipment retrieval, set-up, testing and distribution and retrieval of instruments from OR and ancillary departments. Responsible for house, general and specialty tray assembly, wrapping and sterilization. Responsible for operation, cycle documentation and quality assurance of sterilizers, System 1 (Steris) and decontaminators. Responsible for exchange cart, par level cart, case cart and specialty cart inventory and set-up. Responsible for in- stock inventory management.Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or GED
- Current and sustained certification as either a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) OR a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT). Must also maintain at least 10 hours of continuing education annually.
- Employees hired into the Sterile Processing Technician position prior to January 1, 2015 are required to maintain 10 hours of continuing education annually.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Six (6) months prior Sterile Processing experience preferred.
- Experience with instruments and trays required
- Able to identify general instruments
- Lifting trays; walking; standing for periods of time;
- Operating equipment, pushing and pulling carts and equipment, reading; writing; communication skills.
- Computer skills helpful.
- Medium to high level of stress; ability to concentrate on task under disruptive conditions; work environment change due to nature of workflow. Exposure to blood and body fluids. Required to wear protective personal apparel as appropriate