Registered Nurse Maternity MHB
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2019
Status: Per Diem Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Nights with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 3: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.120000: Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Summary:
The Maternal Child Registered Professional Nurse coordinates total nursing care for the patient (maternal/fetal unit) by assessing health data and analyzing the data to determine diagnosis. She/He identifies expected, individualized outcomes to develop a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain those outcomes. The nurse implements the interventions identified in the plan of care and evaluates the patient's progress toward outcomes. The Maternal Child nurse has the ability to make contributions toward making the birthing experience positive and memorable for the woman and her significant other.Responsibilities:
- The nurse must be currently licensed in New York as a Registered Professional Nurse
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certified (if assigned to attend deliveries independently).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year of acute care nursing experience
- The candidate requires good physical and mental health to meet the physical and emotional requirements of the position.
- Physical activities include: lifting, stooping, constant walking.
- Finger and hand dexterity and acute sensory faculties (visual acuity, aural acuity, and olfactory acuity) are required to appropriately assess changes in patient condition.
- The ability to cope with stress is required.
- The role requires excellent judgement and the ability to utilize critical thinking skills to provide optimal patient care under rapidly changing conditions.
- The RN directs a small group of employees performing similar or related tasks of a semi skilled nature.
- Assigns, assesses performance and maintains efficiency of staff assigned to her/him.
- The Maternal Child Registered Nurse performs duties within the Maternal Child units on the fourth floor of Mercy Hospital (L&D, OR PACU, Nursery, NICU, Mother/Baby units).
- Occasionally, the Maternal Child RN will perform patient assessments in other units of the facility (ED,OR, PACU, ICU, General Medical/Surgical units).