Coordinator Staff Education MHC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 16, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Staff Education Coordinator is responsible for the organization, implementation and documentation of the training programs at Mercy Home Care to include HHA and PCA training classes, exemption methodology examinations and in-service education programs to meet the requirements as regulated by NYS Department of Health. Responsible to be an active and contributing member of the Nursing, Training and Workforce Planning Teams. Provides leadership by guiding, teaching, developing and motivating others to perform in a manner that reflects the values of the organization. Provides case management duties and assists with recruitment as necessary. Responsibilities:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, college or university required.
- Current New York State RN license required
- PRI/Screen certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Minimum of two (2) yrs professional nursing experience (acute or long term care)
- Home Care clinical and or teaching experience preferred
- Post-Hire Experience-Orientation period-90 days
- Proficient clinical and assessment skills.
- Mental and physical health that is sufficient to safely lift, turn and transfer adult clients.
- Must be able to effectively teach trainees and field staff and evaluate skill competency.
- Must be able to relate clearly and effectively in a professional manner, displaying tact and sensitivity while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills and Leadership ability
- Ability to supervise, provide direction and motivate workforce
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in executing responsibilities
- Classroom or office setting, hospital or other institutional client care setting. Variable conditions when in the homes of clients. Travel required to other agencies, residence of clients, teaching sites and other office locations. Must be able to access variable client homes without accommodations.
- Must be able to perform duties that may require bending, stooping, lifting or standing for long periods of time.
- Must possess hand and finger dexterity in order to manipulate equipment.
- Must possess sight and hearing senses or use of prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position may be fully met.