Sterile Processing Technician KMH
Location: Kenmore, NY, United States
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Kenmore Mercy Hospital Work Schedule: Evenings Nights with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 3: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Responsible for the washing and decontamination of instruments and equipment.Responsible for equipment retrieval, set-up, testing and distribution and retrieval of instruments from OR & L&D.Responsible for house, general and specialty tray assembly, wrapping and sterilization. Responsible for operation, cycle documentation and quality assurance of sterilizers, system 1 (Steris) and decontaminators. Responsible for exchange cart, par level cart, case cart and specialty cart inventory and set-up Responsible for in-stock inventory management.Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or GED
- Current and sustained certification (being either temporary or full certification) as a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST), a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT), or a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST).
- Maintains a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education units annually.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Successfully passed a nationally accredited central service technician exam, and holds or maintains a temporary or full certification
- as a CRCST, CSPDT, or CST;
- The employee with a temporary certification will need to prove full (CRCST or CSPDT) certification by the 18th month of their employment.
- Able to identify general instruments
- Lifting trays; walking; standing for periods of time;
- Operating equipment, pushing and pulling carts and equipment, reading; writing; communication skills.
- Computer skills helpful.
- Medium to high level of stress; ability to concentrate on task under disruptive conditions; work environment change due to nature of workflow. Exposure to blood and body fluids. Required to wear protective personal apparel as appropriate