Health Information Clerk LIFE VM
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 17, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Villa Maria LIFE Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Maintains medical record integrity through processing monthly admissions and discharges, evaluates & corrects duplicate medical record numbers for patient data integrity and continuity of patient care. Files and retrieves medical records, charts, or scans late reports, answers the telephone, photocopies and faxes materials according to release of information policy.. Responsible for electronically completing the functions of digital imaging and/or importing medical record documents, as well as performing manual operational duties as assigned to ensure the timely and accurate availability of patient information. Performs auditing of the medical record to assure completion of documentation requirements of all disciplines as requested of the LIFE center manager.Responsibilities:
- High school graduate.
- AAS Degree in Secretarial Science or Medical Office Assistant is preferred.
- Successful completion of a medical terminology course is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
- Previous experience in an Acute Care, long term care, or medical office HIM Department preferred.
- Previous experience and proficiency in using computers, especially a document imaging system, preferred.
- Must have good verbal, written, and computer communication skills, and ability to navigate the Internet.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be detail-oriented and perform tasks at a high rate of accuracy.
- Proficient with computers and keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strong organizational and solid clerical and time management skills; as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understands and maintains the confidential nature of information handled and discussed.
- Ability to apply judgment independently, and prioritize tasks.
- Works in office setting, out of department storage areas and travel to patient care units and other departments.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.