Supervisor Nursing Patient Access Center MHB
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2019
Status: Part Time No Benefits Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Weekend Only Saturday and Sunday Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 0.610000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Supervises and coordinates the activities of hospital personnel and engages in a variety of procedure through the interpretation of hospital policy and procedures for staff personnel: participates in the investigation and preparation of reports relative to the improvement of patient care, safety, throughput, educational development and personnel performance. Responsible for the immediate reception of all requests for patient admission and transfer both internal and external to Mercy Hospital of Buffalo. Utilizes critical thinking skills to facilitate, expedite, and coordinate patient admission and transfer. Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current New York State registration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- BCLS and ACLS certification within 6 months of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Five years RN experience, two (2) years of which must be in critical care.
- Charge nurse, managerial, or supervisory experience preferred.
- Case management, utilization review, and/or performance improvement experience desired
- Ability to develop rapport with multiple health care disciplines and providers across the continuum of care.
- Ability to relate well with physicians to maximize quality of care for patients.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, discernment, and clinical assessment skills
- Ability to work in a high stress environment.
- Ability to manage conflict.
- Computer literate.
- Interpersonal Skills necessary to work productively with all levels of unit personnel.
- Possesses active listening skills.
- utilize technology to enhance communication and collect and report transfer center data
- obtain necessary information effectively
- provide clear direction
- provide positive communication during stress
- evaluate patient needs, physician request, and placement decisions to ensure that the most effective patient flow and capacity for admissions is maintained.
- Utilize professional judgment and autonomy in decision making, seeking assistance from management as needed
- Prioritize competing requests
- Ensure customer's expectations are met/surpassed
- Flexible and composed under pressure