Respiratory Therapist Respiratory Care Services SCH
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jun 29, 2019
Status: Per Diem Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Varied Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.100000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Provides treatment, care, and evaluation for patients with respiratory related concerns or insufficiencies in accordance with established policies, practices and standards. Performs patient assessment and delivers care per patient need and/or physician order including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures. Administers various types of medical gas delivery devices and responsible for medical gas cylinders. Provides respiratory support via non-invasive, positive pressure devices, and mechanical ventilation and administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosol drugs. The Respiratory Therapist/Technician monitors, Also responds to emergency team calls and codes. Responsible for setting up, operating, and cleaning of respiratory therapy equipment. Educates patients and family members and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.Responsibilities:
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy preferred.
- Must possess valid New York State Respiratory Therapist license to practice Respiratory Therapy.
- Should possess Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential.
- May work with a limited Respiratory Therapist permit under the direct supervision of a supervising licensed physician or Respiratory Therapist, as outlined in Title VIII Education Law Article 164 section 8506.
- BLS/CPR certification required within three months of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year of previous clinical experience preferred, however new graduates with a limited Respiratory Therapist permit will be considered.
- Orientation and training to the essential functions of the position is expected to be completed during the introduction period.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to assess/interpret patient data and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Frequent exposure to infectious diseases/blood and body fluids.
- Works with a variety of medical gases.
- May require variable work schedules to maintain a 24/7 operation, including overnight shifts and weekend/holiday work time. Responsible to carry/respond to a pager when on duty.