Supervisor Nursing Float Pool HCBC
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2019
Status: Per Diem Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Varied Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 0.100000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
As part of the Community Based Care Float Pool, the associate will work in any of the four Catholic Health facilities to cover vacancies and absences. The Nursing Supervisor Community Based Care (CBC) translates the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the Nursing Facility into effective action. This individual is accountable for providing high quality, cost-effective patient/ resident care through the appropriate management of human and fiscal resources. Responsibilities:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Current New York State Registered Professional Nurse license required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Clinical experience in Community Based Care facility preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Ability to supervise, lead, and manage clinical health care providers in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Communication skills which may be inclusive of approach, tone of voice, speed of communication, respectfulness and non-verbal communication.
- Physical assessment - Application of the assessment into the aging process; examples may include: height/weight, skin integrity, activities of daily living, bowel and bladder control.
- Technical Skills - incorporates knowledge of age related physical and mental changes in performing technical skills; examples may include appropriate site for IM injection, range of motion and feeding skills.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to travel to all Community Based Care work sites.