Registered Nurse Admissions Home Care MSHC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Aug 28, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Registered Nurse of Home Care Admissions is an integral member of the referral team; coordinating home care services for new and existing patients. They will ensure continuity of care and fair distribution of work loads and assign and schedule the initial visit. Must be knowledgeable in professional nursing practices and principles, and competent in the provisions of nursing care. The RN will have the ability to telephonically assess patients and facilitate a comprehensive referral. The RN possesses the knowledge of Agency services, policies, and procedures, Medicare HIM11 guidelines, third party reimbursement guidelines and to demonstrate the ability to assess and recommend appropriate homecare. The RN will function as a representative of the home care agency with a good understanding of services available, federal, state, local regulations, and agency policy and procedures, including the patients' financial responsibility. Must be able to demonstrate understanding of insurance reimbursement and communicate this to the patient, families, caregivers and all providers.Responsibilities:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, college or university required
- Licensure and current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York required
- BSN Preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- One year previous medical/surgical experience within the last five years and/or one (1) year experience in a Home Health Agency (CHHA, LTHHC, or Hospice) required.
- Minimum of one year employment at McAuley Seton Home Care preferred.
- Able to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing Certified Home Health Agencies
- Demonstrates proficiency in the Home Care IT System
- Most possess a valid driver's license and have a car available for work use
- Strong written and verbal communication skills