Cardiac Technician EKG SCH SJC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2019
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph Campus Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.800000: Bargaining Unit: SEIU Local 1199Summary:
Perform technically correct EKG. May assist in all aspects of stress testing, including patient hook up, data entry, vital signs throughout the testing cycle, and control of the testing computer for the duration of the test. May apply and remove 24-hour ambulatory EKG (holter) monitor. May scan data files and assemble report for physician interpretation. Prepares all reports for physician interpretation (EKG, stress test, and Holter Monitor). Store, transmit, query, edit and check all EKG's using site-specific EKG machines and manual or electronic EKG management system.Responsibilities:
- Successful completion of EKG/Cardiac Monitor Technician Program at Trocaire College (or comparable program) within one (1) year of employment.
- One year certificate program or AAS in allied health science recommended.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Must be able to achieve and maintain BLS certification if working in the cardiac stress lab
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Prior patient care experience and/or EKG experience helpful.
- Keyboard and computer knowledge.
- Work requires precision in recording and preparing data, recognizing that errors may have serious consequences for patients.
- Must pay strict attention to detail and maintain alertness to detect evidence of irregularities in tracings as well as equipment malfunctions.
- Must be organized in maintaining workflow.
- Must possess patience and maturity in dealing with patients and families as well as medical staff and other hospital personnel.
- Must be able to tolerate highly charged emotional situations, such as when called to a cardiac arrest.
- Must be available for hired hours of work.
- Extra hours of work to cover PTO and varying shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Carries beeper that may interrupt breaks/lunches.