Student Intern Data Analytics IT
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2019
Status: Part Time Temporary Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.400000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Intern position is a temporary position. The position is designed to engage an intern on various assignments and special projects outlined by the Department Leadership. The primary purpose and function of the Data Analytics Intern is to provide analytics support to deliver high quality solutions based on business needs. This position will apply classroom concepts to professional work in the field of Business Intelligence (BI) touching on data management, computational evaluations, and presentation. The intern will perform applied integrative project activities that support the needs of Catholic Health, including working with cross-functional teams. Regulated and ethical handling of Healthcare data sets will be involved. Real world questions will be addressed and decision making will be supported by data.Responsibilities:
- Enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters, or Advanced Certificate program in Data Analytics with interest in the Health Information Technology domain
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Two plus (2+) years of work experience including academic and/or internship experience
- MS SQL experience preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Computational , mathematical, statistical, programming, or database skills
- Strong computer skills, including utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint applications
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.