Registered Nurse NICU SCH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 15, 2019
Status: Full Time Flex Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.900000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Registered Nurse in Special Care Nursery delivers direct patient care utilizing the Nursing Process to patients with obstetrical, neonatal or gynecologic health needs. He or she collaborates with other health professionals in coordinating patient are and provides direction to other non-licensed personnel within the department.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN preferred
- Current New York state License
- Current BLS certification
- Meets and is current and competent with all New York State licensure requirements, not limited to Infection Control and Child Abuse mandatory reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year RN experience or a Bachelor prepared Graduate Nurse who has successfully completed either a minimum of 120 hour clinical internship or the 8 Week Summer Paid Internship in Sisters Hospital Level III NICU is required. (Revised 7/16/12)
- Demonstrated clinical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) or within 6 months of hire.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Certification (NRP) or within 6 months of hire.
- Physical activity includes: balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, repetitive motions and heavy work.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.