Monitor Technician 3 South SCH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Aug 21, 2019
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.400000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Monitor Technicians primary responsibility is to observe the cardiac monitors and complete documentation as required on the Telemetry Unit. The monitor technicians works closely with the RNs and CN on the unit. The monitor tech must also be competent in all Nurse Assistant functions as directed by the Nurse.Responsibilities:
- High School Graduate, ability to read with comprehension, does simple arithmetic and writes legibly.
- Successful completion of arrhythmia course.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous Monitor Tech experience preferred
- PCA or Nurse Assistant experience preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- EKG and arrhythmia interpretation
- Successfully pass written examination following training course
- Able to sit long periods concentrating on monitors regardless of environmental activity and noise
- Good communication skills
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Frequent exposure to many disagreeable physical conditions.