Environmental Services Aide MSMH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lewiston, NY, United States
Date Posted: Dec 19, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Mount St Marys Hospital Work Schedule: Days Evenings Nights with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 2: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: SEIU Local 1199Summary:
The Environmental Services Aide performs a variety of cleaning tasks, in order to maintain the Hospital in a sanitary and orderly manner. Strives to incorporate the philosophy and mission of Mount St. Mary's Hospital and to incorporate the Hospital's goal of: Quality care in a personal manner with total regard for individual human dignity.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of grade school required
- Current, clean, valid driver's license required at time of hire for position and maintained throughout period of employment required. Must submit valid driver's license and abstract of driving record to Human Resources and Department Head prior to expiration and/or as requested.
- Notifies hospital and Human Resources of any driving infraction. This does NOT include parking tickets. The employee is responsible for paying their own ticket, and show proof that the matter was cleared up. Failure to provide current, clean, valid drivers licenses will result in termination of employment. This required licensure will be applicable to all employees hired in this position hired after January 2016.
- Anyone hired prior to January 2016 are grandfathered from this requirement. If the employee is charged with a DWI, the employee may apply for any open positions.
- No prior experience or training required-On the job training provided
- Six (6) months of environmental services experience in a health care Facility preferred
- Occasionally exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens, housekeeping cleaning agents/chemicals
- Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
- May work in high locations with ladders
- Occasionally exposed to unpleasant resident or unit elements
- Occasionally may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Occasionally may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock, radiation and vibrations
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
- Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases
- Subject to injury from moving parts of equipment
- Subject to quiet noise level
- Required Protective Equipment:
- Lab coat or apron may be required
- Gloves may be required
- Mask may be required
- Eye Protection may be required
- Gown may be required
- Face Protection may be required
- Miscellaneous Required Protective Equipment as deemed necessary