Dietitian Nutritional Services MHB
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 23, 2019
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 0.600000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Collaborates with members of the health care team to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) and nutrition education to patients. Identifies patients at nutrition risk and assesses nutrient requirements according to age and disease specific needs. Develops and implements nutrition care plans for all assigned patients. Continuously evaluates and monitors the effectiveness and outcomes of MNT intervention.Responsibilities:
- BS Degree in Nutrition/Dietetics from an accredited educational program plus successful completion of an internship or equivalent clinical and management practice which would qualify for Professional Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Active and on-going Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Active and on-going membership in The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (to be obtained within one year from the date of hire).
- Certified Dietitian - Nutritionist (CDN) with The New York State Department of Education (to be obtained within one year from date of hire).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year experience preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Must possess or have ability to learn basic computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions
- Travel between Catholic Health System facilities may be required
- Occasional evenings may be required for nutrition counseling appointments or classes