Patient Access Specialist Business Office MACC MHB
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Orchard Park, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2019
Status: Per Diem Facility: Mercy Ambulatory Care Center Work Schedule: Varied Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.100000: Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Summary:
The Patient Access Specialist is the front line Hospital/System liaison with customers, patients, physicians, other hospital departments and off-site facilities and registers patients for all in and out patient services. The Patient Access Specialist is charged with the responsibility to provide access for patients to the Hospital/System while ensuring the Hospital or Off-site Facilities fulfill its registration, business and administrative requirements related to each patient encounter.Responsibilities:
- High School Graduate/or Equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum one (1) year hospital registration or medical office experience required
- Familiarity with Medical Terminology; such as ICD-9 & ICD-10 Coding, physician orders, Medical Necessity ABN regulations required.
- Must possess general office skills, including but not limited to computer/keyboarding, fax machines and typing at least 30 wpm and demonstrated computer proficiency
- Familiarity with insurance plans; such as Medicare, Medicaid, private & commercial insurance required.
- Familiarity with eligibility tools ; such as Healthenet, Omnipro/Connex, EPACES, and other web-based tools.
- Posses excellent/effective communication/interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through a must
- Has the ability to maintain composure when interacting with a wide variety of customers and situations
- Highly motivated and willing to contribute skills and ideas for the overall improvement of the department
- Must be flexible and effective in a fast paced/changing healthcare environment
- Able to multitask
- Physically, the employee must demonstrate sufficient hand and finger dexterity for the keyboarding/word processing skills required.
- Must also possess the stamina for sitting, standing or walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to physically maneuver registration equipment efficiently.