Food Services Attendant Cold Production Dietary KMH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Kenmore, NY, United States
Date Posted: Aug 20, 2019
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Kenmore Mercy Hospital Work Schedule: Days and Evenings Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.660000: Bargaining Unit: UFCW Local 1Summary:
Promotes and maintains a positive service culture. Performs a variety of duties and functions to prepare, assemble, and distribute meals to patients, staff and visitors. Adheres to safe food handling procedures. Performs cleaning and sanitizing duties to work areas and equipment. Transports equipment, meals and supplies to various destinations according to requests. Adheres to the Values in Practice initiative. Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Six (6) months experience as a Food Service Attendant or Ambassador
- Three (3) to six (6) months in cold food preparation experience
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to read and write English and follow oral and written instruction
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Hospitality production experience preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment.
- Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals.
- Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases.
- Subject to burns and cuts.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Exposed to hazards of steam and heat.
- Exposed to varying degrees of kitchen elements.
- Subject to standing and walking most of the workday.
- Extreme Cold: temperature cold enough to cause marked bodily discomfort.
- Extreme Heat: temperature hots enough to cause bodily discomfort.
- Moisture: frequent contact to water or other liquids.