Services Representative AlthletiCare KMH
Location: Kenmore, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 24, 2019
Status: Per Diem Facility: Kenmore Mercy Hospital Work Schedule: Varied Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.100000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Service Representative is a member of the Sisters Metabolic Center, Partners in Rehab, and AthletiCare team. The position is responsible for greeting patients via telephone and in person to schedule appointments, obtain and update patient demographics and insurance information in hospital and department computer systems. Performs other duties to meet patient and office needs including; accurate referrals, insurance verification and authorization using insurance software, co-pay collection, phones, messages, filing, copying, faxing, and scanning. May assist the Massage Therapy Department at the Sisters Hospital (MSC) location only.Responsibilities:
- High School graduate
- One year business course with medical terminology or equivalent experience required
- Secretarial skills (i.e. typing 30 wpm)
- Knowledge of personal computer systems, Microsoft applications, Windows, Word, Excel required
- Knowledge of insurances and their requirements for Physical/Occupational/Speech Therapy/Massage Therapy/Cardiac Rehab
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- Independent worker
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to self-motivate with multiple tasks in a demanding environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Works in Rehabilitation Department.
- Office environment with intermittent standing and walking, prolonged sitting.