Service Representative Oncologists Employed
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 24, 2019
Status: Part Time Flex Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.320000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Completes the admission/registration process for all patients seen in the Oncology Center. Answers telephones and assists patients directly or refers to appropriate staff. Schedules patients for services provided in the Oncology Center including but not limited to office visits and ancillary services. Prepares chart for patient visits and files reports in a timely fashion. Facilitates the billing process to ensure accurate, timely submission of patient charges. Performs clerical duties as required to meet the needs of patients, physicians, nurses and ancillary staff.Responsibilities:
- High school diploma required.
- Associates degree or completion of medical secretarial course strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- 1 year experience in hospital/medical office setting
- Must possess general office skills, including but not limited to computer/keyboarding, fax machines, typing and/or demonstrated computer proficiency
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Must possess excellent/effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through a must
- Has the ability to maintain composure when interacting with a wide variety of patients and circumstances
- Highly motivated and willing to contribute skills and ideas for the overall improvement of the CenterMust be flexible and effective in a fast paced/changing healthcare environment
- Strong knowledge of office equipment, i.e., computer, copier, fax, phone system.