Chemical Dependency Counselor Pathways SCH
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Aug 8, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Pathways Buffalo Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Chemical Dependency Counselor provides group, individual, and family therapy within the treatment philosophies and policies of the program. This position is responsible for the evaluation of, and delivery of care and service to all individuals who present for care, treatment and service. The counselor is also responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the medical record. Counselors must maintain units of service as per their specific site mandates.Responsibilities:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Qualified Health Professional (CASAC -T or CASAC) preferred
- If hired with CASAC-T certification, obtaining CASAC certification within three (3) years of date of hire strongly encouraged.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Demonstrated experience specific to clinical documentation and record keeping.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience providing chemical dependency counseling, and/or counseling in an allied or related field preferred.
- Orientation and training will be provided, with the expectation that, within 90 days of employment, the employee will demonstrate a satisfactory level of competence in most areas of performance with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience specific to clinical/medical documentation and record keeping.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.
- Bi-Lingual abilities appropriate to population served may provide additional opportunity for communication.
- Documentation must be legible, concise, and professional.
- Must demonstrate outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with all patients who present for care, treatment and service.
- Must function as a clinical team member, integrating the Core Values and VIP into all daily activities.
- Experience with, and aptitude for basic computer skills.