Director Nursing Medical Surg KMH
Location: Kenmore, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 30, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Kenmore Mercy Hospital Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Director of Nursing, Patient Care is the leader of the team accountable for 24 hour management of clinical nursing practice and patient care delivery, management of human, fiscal and other resources, development of personnel, compliance with regulatory and professional standards, strategic planning and the fostering of inter-disciplinary collaborative relationships within selecting units(s) or area(s) of responsibility and health care institution as a whole. The Director develops high quality health care programs consistent with Catholic Health Mission, Vision, Values, and Kenmore Mercy Hospital goals and objectives. . The Director directly oversees Nurse Managers, Clinical Educators and Clinicians in the hospital promoting effective relationships within the hospital while planning, coordinating and implementing patient care programs. The Director provides nursing practice guidance to associates promoting a shared governance approach to ensure quality care.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of accredited professional nursing program
- Current RN Licensure in the State of New York
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing required
- MSN or equivalent required or current enrollment in a MSN or equivalent
program with completion within two (2) years
- Certification in a nursing specialty preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILL AND ABILITY
- Three (3) or more years of clinical nursing experience/charge nurse experience.
- Three to five years progressive supervisory/management experience, three (3) or more years preferred.
- Leading, managing, and supervisory skills.
- Clinical knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with all levels of unit personnel, as well as physicians, families, visitors and to manage the activities of a diverse group of professional, nonprofessional and clerical employees.
- Planning skills to develop goals and objectives in concert with those of the hospital and implements action plans to meet those goals.
- Analytical ability to identify opportunities for improvements as well as positive problems resolution.
- Teaching abilities to promote optimum orientation and continuing education of staff.
- Budgeting skills to control fiscal operations of selected unit(s) and/or area(s) of responsibility and to identify and explain variances.
- Has current knowledge of health care trends and issues and relates same to hospital and work area environment.
- Computer literacy.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.