Clinical Pharmacy Specialist MHB
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Aug 20, 2019
Status: Per Diem Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Weekend Only Saturday and Sunday Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 0.100000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Works with the System Director of Pharmacy Services and site pharmacy leadership in the establishment and maintenance of a comprehensive Clinical Pharmacy Services Program in a specific area of specialization. Areas of clinical pharmacy specialization include critical care, ED, ambulatory care, oncology, and internal medicine. Incumbent coordinates and actively participates in various programs and activities within the scope of the Clinical Pharmacy Services Program. Provides educational programs for nurses, pharmacists, medical residents, physicians, patients and their families. Assists System Director of Pharmacy and site pharmacy leadership in maintenance of readiness by regulatory agencies and in ongoing compliance with all statutory regulations.Responsibilities:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree (PharmD) with PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency focusing in hospital or ambulatory care setting. Board Certification (Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS or equivalent) required within one year of specialty specific eligibility, or
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree (PharmD) with 4 years of experience as Clinical Pharmacist with over 50 percent of their experience in a clinical setting and Board Certification (BPS or equivalent), or
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy with 6 years' experience as a Clinical Pharmacist with over 50 percent of their experience in a clinical setting and Board Certification (BPS or equivalent)
- Within 12 months of hire, maintains compliance with preceptor qualifications set forth by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- Valid license and current registration to practice Pharmacy in New York State.
- Maintenance of Board Certification required
- Pharmacists hired into the Clinical Pharmacy Specialist position prior to 3/1/2017 will be grandfathered relative to requirement for board certification and experience
- Ability to analyze/interpret and utilize results of various laboratory and microbiology tests and apply them to patient care in a clinical practice setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to convey educational material in an understandable manner to patients and their families.
- Ability to coordinate activities of multiple personnel and supervise their daily activities
- Ability to use hospital based information systems including Pharmacy, Laboratory, Patient Accounting and office systems
- Ability to operate ancillary patient care information systems in conjunction with operation of patient testing equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with Physicians, Physicians Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and other allied health professionals.
- Travel to various locations for clinical assignments, meetings, and educational programs required
- Works unusual hours, days and shifts to accommodate needs of the educational activities of the Clinical Pharmacy Services Program
- Works in a clinic setting with considerable periods of standing and sitting