Registered Vascular Ultrasound Technologist SCH SJC
Location: Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Date Posted: Aug 2, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph Campus Work Schedule: Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 2: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Ultrasound Technologist performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in the application of non-ionizing high frequency ultrasound waves. Where the incumbent is a licensed General Radiology Technologist. May be required to perform x-ray procedures at the same level of performance prescribed for a Staff Radiology Technologist.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an approved School of Radiologic Technology and/or school of Ultrasonography.
- BSL Preferred.
- Preferred New York State license as a General Radiologic Technologist and current New York State Department of Health certificate of registration as a Radiologic Technologist.
- ARRT certified preferred.
- Registered as a sonographer by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
- Must have current certification for ARDMS RVT.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year working experience as Ultrasound Staff Technologist or one(1) year clinical experience as a graduate of an accredited Ultrasonography program, that includes a clinical internship.
- Within three (3) months of hire, employee should be able to perform in an acceptable manner.
- Good judgment.
- Analytical ability.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to interpret data and draw conclusions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.