Supervisor Patient Access Admissions SCH
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Aug 8, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The supervisor for Patient Access oversees and supervises the daily operations in the delivery of care to inpatient and outpatient populations in the Admissions/Patient Registration/ER Areas. As a member of the management team the supervisors participates in the planning, coordination and operation of all Patient Access Services. The Supervisor of Patient Access is responsible to ensure adherence to Department, Hospital and Catholic Health policy. Responsibilities:
- Associates Degree Required
- Three (3) to five (5) years equivalent experience in a Patient Access/Patient Financial/Supervisory position may be accepted in lieu of Associates Degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory/management experience in a Healthcare Business setting required.
- Prior experience in procedure development, process improvement, customer service and quality assurance required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong Team Leadership Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- CRT knowledge required medical terminology background and strong insurance background.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities
- Must demonstrate strong service-oriented behavior and serve as a role model to others
- Must consistently demonstrate diplomacy and tact in dealing with colleagues, physicians and patients
- Must acquire the required Leadership Development Credits each year as a member of the CHS Management Team
- Required to travel (using personal transportation) to other CHS locations as well as community locations for meetings, training and other CHS activities.
- Must carry a pager to be available to associate around the clock when urgent need arises.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends or extra hours to cover PTO, major project implementation, equipment failures, etc.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.