Clinician Advanced Wound Healing Center MHB MACC
Location: Orchard Park, NY, United States
Date Posted: Mar 10, 2020
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Mercy Ambulatory Care Center Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 0.600000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Clinician, Advanced Wound Healing Services is responsible for providing the clinical oversight for wound care at multiple sites within the organization. Establishes standards of care and clinical competencies to meet patient needs and training programs to ensure clinical expertise. Responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating formal and informal educational activities to meet identified health needs. The Clinician functions in the role of a professional Clinical Nurse for Advanced Wound Healing Services and
through the process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to the ages of patient's served based on the areas of clinical practice oversees the delivery of patient care. Directs and leads daily workflow processes. Maintains environmental and infection control standards. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital/staff.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing; BS in Nursing preferred.
- Maintains a current New York State Professional RN License.
- Wound Care Certification from a nationally accredited wound program required within two (2) years of employment in this position. Eligible credentials include WCC through the National Alliance of Wound Care (NAWC); CWCN, COCN, COCN, CCCN or CWON through the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Certification Board (WOCN); or CWS through the American Academy of Wound Management (AAWM).
- BLS required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum three (3) years clinical experience.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Relevant / current experience preferred in Wound Care patient setting.
- Knowledge of current technology and products used in the treatment of wounds
- Knowledge of Department of Health regulations
- Ability to travel between multiple Wound Care sites
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills and Leadership ability
- Ability to supervise, provide direction and motivate workforc
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in executing responsibilities
- Able to work well in stressful situations and conditions of frequent interruption.