Manager BioMedical Engineering and IT Applications
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Administrative Regional Training Cntr Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Manages the planning, acquisition and cost of ownership, replacement and upgrading of technology for Catholic Health. Develops processes for the planning and acquisition of new technologies, strategies for controlling the cost of ownership and policies and procedures to effectively manage a system wide Biomedical Engineering department. Manages vendors in the delivery of high quality clinical engineering solutions. Provides project & resource management required to lead successful implementation of new technology solutions. Often leads contract negotiations resulting in significant cost savings to the organization. Establishes quality training programs for technicians to ensure quality service is sustainable. Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree required; Biomedical Engineering degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLL AND ABILITY
- A minimum of five (5) years professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance
- A minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience in healthcare procurement with demonstrative experience
- Experience in medical instrumentation field including preventive maintenance, service operations and must be familiar with codes and standards relating to the inspection and maintenance of medical equipment.
- Knowledge of JCAHO, NFPA, NEC, NYSDOH and other regulatory agencies
- Knowledge of hospital and clinical staff, including areas (but not limited to) laboratory, radiology, nursing, dietary and pharmacy
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and computer skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in gathering data, facilitating group discussions, and building a consensus decision making process
- Ability to work in Matrix management organization and aggressively assumes leadership for savings opportunities
- High Tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty
- Proficient with computers, software applications and report generation
- Proven ability to establish good working relationships with hospital staff at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, guide and empower
- ACCE (American College of Clinical Engineering) certification and/or participation in a professional related field required
- MSCE (Microsoft System Certified Engineer) or CISCO certification preferred
- Travel between facilities is required.