Advanced Practice Provider Cardiac Services
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Aug 20, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
JOB SUMMARY: Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary health team, is responsible for providing comprehensive care to patients by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care. Participates in patient and family teaching. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with health care team members in maintaining standards for professional practice in the clinical setting. Participates in quality improvement initiatives. All duties and responsibilities must be accomplished with the guidelines of the established protocols, professional standards and facility guidelines (The Nurse Practitioner will conform to and are in accordance with the written practice agreement with a physician. The Physician Assistant will conform to the professional standards, facility guidelines and are in accordance with Physician Written Practice Agreement as required by New York State.)Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. (Applicable to NP)
- Maintains a current New York State Professional RN License. (Applicable to NP)
- Maintains Adult, Acute Care or Family Nurse Practitioner Certification. (Applicable to NP)
- Graduate of an approved NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and CAHEA accredited Physician Assistant training program (Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the AMA). (Applicable to PA)
- Valid certification by the NCCPA as developed by the National Board of Examiners. (Applicable to PA)
- Meets credentialing requirements as appropriate through the Medical Staff Office.
- CPR Certified.
- ACLS Certified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year Clinical experience as a Cardiac APP in a hospital, clinical or physician office setting preferred.
- One (1) year, recent experience working effectively with pacemaker/defibrillator interrogation and programming and/or stress testing preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Computer Literate.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Must be able to work in hectic environment making sound decisions at all times.