Food Services Attendant Dietary KMH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Kenmore, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 16, 2020
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Kenmore Mercy Hospital Work Schedule: Days and Evenings Shift: 2: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.550000: Bargaining Unit: UFCW Local 1Summary:
Promotes and maintains a positive service culture. Performs a variety of duties to include, preparation, assembly, and distribution of meals to patients, staff and visitors. Adheres to safe food handling procedures. Performs cleaning and sanitizing duties in work areas, which includes equipment. Transports equipment, meals and supplies to various destinations according to Supervisor's requests. Adheres to Values in Practice initiatives.Responsibilities:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and write English, follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate.
- Ability to tell time and read a clock.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment.
- Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals.
- Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases.
- Subject to burns and cuts.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Exposed to hazards of steam and heat.
- Exposed to varying degrees of kitchen elements.
- Subject to standing and walking most of the workday.
- Extreme Cold: temperature cold enough to cause marked bodily discomfort.
- Extreme Heat: temperature hot enough to cause bodily discomfort. Moisture: frequent contact to water or other liquids.