Laboratory Quality Specialist I
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Primarily responsible for supporting the laboratory quality initiatives and improvement program through data collection and documentation review. Individual will be responsible for collecting data and communicating findings to improve laboratory performance. Responsibilities:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Two (2) years prior experience in a laboratory setting preferred
- Working knowledge of LIS/HIS and PC-based software such as MS Word & Excel preferred
- Clear understanding of medical terminology
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to prioritize workflow based on needs of department
- Possess the initiative and ability to work independently on documentation review
- Excellent oral & written communication skills; demonstrated telephone etiquette techniques.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Schedule flexibility
- Travel to various CH sites as needed