Community Health Educator N MHB
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2019
Status: Per Diem Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.100000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Applies nursing principles in promoting and restoring health practices. Responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating formal and informal educational activities to meet identified health needs of the community. Collaborates with community agencies to facilitate access to health and wellness services for the community and the underserved.Responsibilities:
- Current New York State RN License.
- BS in Nursing, Education, or Health-Related Field.
- MS in Nursing or Education, preferred.
- CPR Certification
- Note: Individuals who held educator positions prior to 1999 department restructuring are exempt from above education requirement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:WORKING CONDITIONS
- Three (3) to five (5) years teaching or counseling experience; knowledge of community resources required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years nursing experience
- Experience working in community health care setting.
- Travel required.
- Occasional weekend, evening, or holiday assignments.
- May be required to transport educational materials.