Lab Assistant Phlebotomist MSMH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lewiston, NY, United States
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Mount St Marys Hospital Work Schedule: Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: SEIU Local 1199Summary:
Collects blood from patients, checks quality of blood sample, and assumes responsibility for the safety and comfort of patients, following established standards and practices. Maintains established department policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Complies with and conducts all activities in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and Hospital's Employee Standards of Conduct and Corporate Responsibility Program. Maintains good relations with patients, medical staff and other departments as well as other hospitals that use services. Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation as appropriate to the ages of patients served, based on the area of clinical practice.Responsibilities:
- High School or equivalent required
- Employees hired prior to 1990 grandfathered from HS requirement
- Certified laboratory assistant or phlebotomist training program or equivalent preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- On the job training. Refer to Addendum for additional information.
- Previous hospital, physician's office, or laboratory experience and medical terminology preferred.
- Certified laboratory assistant or phlebotomist training program or equivalent preferred.
- Answer telephones
- Compile statistics
- Coordinate events
- Input data into computer programs
- Maintain filing systems
- Maintain logs
- CRT (Mainframe)
- Computer Peripheral Equipment
- Diagnostic equipment
- Personal computer
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
- Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases
- May be exposed to toxic chemicals
- Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
- Required Protective Equipment:
- Lab coat or apron
- Sterile Medical gloves