Coordinator Life Enhancement Mercy SNF
Location: Lackawanna, NY, United States
Date Posted: Oct 1, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: OLV Senior Neighborhood Work Schedule: Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Coordinator, Life Enhancement assists the Director in providing social, recreational and other purposeful activities to each resident in the Skilled Nursing Facility in order to stimulate the resident's mental, physical and sensory capabilities to their fullest extent. Enables residents to foster a sense of usefulness, self-respect and dignity in maintaining their quality of life. Serves as a resource person for information regarding the resident and encourages and motivates participation in Life Enhancement programs to their fullest capacity. Completes resident/patient assessments (activities and MDS) care plans and progress notes. Assists the Director in the overall function of activities including the day to day operation of the department. Responsibilities:
- High School Education
- CNA certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Two (2) years' experience in the activity/recreation field in a health care setting.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Clean driving record as defined in the Arrests, Convictions and Criminal Record Background Check policy, HR-105-EMP
- Wheelchair operation and safe usage; ability to push wheelchair for extended periods of time.
- Good driving and vision skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Communication skills which may be inclusive of approach, tone of voice, speed of communication, respectfulness and nonverbal communication.
- Ability to assist in delivery of programs to promote socialization, recreation and enjoyment consistent with residents' individual physical, mental, cultural and ethnic needs.
- Requires personable interactions with staff, residents, visitors and families.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- May be subject to family members, visitors and staff who may be distressed.
- Rotating assignment of weekends, holidays, and evening.
- May be subject to call back to facility as needed.
- May be subject to blood borne pathogens and occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials.