Assistant Administrator LTC Sub-Acute Asst Living
Location: Orchard Park, NY, United States
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Father Baker Manor Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Assistant Administrator Long Term Care/ Sub-Acute and Assisted Living/Senior Housing aids in the daily operations in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations. Supports the oversight of a skilled nursing facility comprised of long term residents and short-stay clinically complex, medical sub-acute and orthopedic patients as well as an Independent and Enriched Housing facility. Assists the Administrator Long Term Care/ Sub-Acute and Assisted Living/Senior Housing in their daily operations, enhancing, and maintaining the highest quality of care for its residents. Maintains leadership role, implementing the Mission, Vision Goals, and objectives of Catholic Health. Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Health, or Human Services required;
- Must possess and maintain active licensure in Nursing Home Administratio\
from the New York State Department of Health or achieve licensure within 24 months of hire date.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum two (2) years leadership experience in healthcare, with proven success in budget/fiscal oversight, and operations.
- Prior work experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility and Assisted Living / Enriched Housing Program preferred.
- Maintains 48 hours of continuing education credits every two years required to maintain current licensure;
- Ability to collaborate with Administrator Long Term Care/ Sub-Acute and Assisted Living/Senior Housing to make decisions, plan, develop, organize, implement and direct facility programs and activities.
- Knowledge in addressing the needs of clinically complex, medical sub-acute, orthopedic patients, long term residents; assisted living clients and independent living tenants.
- Demonstrated ability to provide oversight to multiple administrative, professional and support staff;
- Demonstrated knowledge of health system organization and facility administration, including knowledge of Federal code (42 CFR), state code (10) NYCRR) and all other standards, rules, regulations and laws applicable to health facility operations, housing and PACE;
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of Assisted Living and Enriched Housing Programs
- Significant ability to maintain multiple initiatives simultaneously, take necessary actions, interventions and achieve initiatives within predetermined time frames;
- Proven capacity to manage in a complex environment;
- Possess managerial and organizational skills, including but not limited to organizing, financial management and performance improvement processes;
- Requires sound quantitative knowledge and analytical ability, fiscal aptitude and system focus;
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and is a relationship builder who is able to maintain relations with all stakeholders;
- Outgoing, personable and inclusive style; mentors and develops staff; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Office environment - may work long hours, irregular hours, including weekends and holidays;
- Is subject to call back based on emergencies.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.