Care Coordinator Cardiology MSMH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lewiston, NY, United States
Date Posted: Dec 12, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Mount Saint Mary's Work Schedule: Days and Evenings Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
The Care Coordinator Cardiology will provide supervision of diagnostic testing including stress testing and tilt table testing. The Care Coordinator Cardiology will oversee patients for the Cardiac Center in the anticoagulation management program (Coumadin Clinic) and the Congestive Heart Failure Clinic. The Care Coordinator Cardiology will collaborate with and provide follow-up under the supervision of a Cardiologist at Mt. St. Mary's Cardiac Center. Other duties will include triage management, follow-up phone calls from patient inquiries, prior authorization management, assisting providers with refills and patient education. The Care Coordinator Cardiology provides age and specialty (Cardiac) appropriate medical care at the level of training achieved for the inpatient and outpatient populations.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of accredited school of professional nursing required
- Licensed by State of New York as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Healthcare related field preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint required
- Three (3) years physician office practice/hospital/Cardiology clinic or other equivalent experience preferred.
- Case management experience preferred.
- Six (6) years clinical management experience preferred.
- Management/supervisory experience in healthcare field preferred
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills
- Answer telephones
- Compile statistics
- Compose letters/memorandums
- Coordinate events
- Coordinate meetings
- Develop office procedures
- Establish filing systems
- Interview others
- Maintain filing systems
- Maintain logs
- Maintain patient charts
- Proof-read documents
- Research information
- Schedule appointments
- Diagnostic equipment
- Personal computer
- Exposed to: Infection from disease-bearing specimens, a variety of electro-mechanical hazards, odorous chemicals and specimens, housekeeping cleaning agents/chemicals, hazardous anesthetic agents, body fluids and wastes; unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness); dangers of assaults/hazards from investigating alarms.
- May be exposed to: infections and contagious diseases; biohazardous, radioactive substances; toxic chemical (photocopier).
- Regularly exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases
- Subject to: burns and cuts; injury from moving parts of equipment; varying and unpredictable situations; many interruptions
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements
- Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
- May perform emergency care
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
- Requires judgement/action which could result in death of patient
- Handles: absentee replacement on short notice; emergency/crisis situations (potential patient violence)
- Increased pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
- Travel required
- Hazards: conditions where there is danger to life, body, and/or health