Advanced Practice Provider Critical Care MHB
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Dec 11, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Days with Night Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary health team, is responsible for providing comprehensive care to patients by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for patients. Position focuses on inpatient care, specifically care of the critically ill patient. Provides care to Emergency Department patients and hospital inpatients, assists in and provides care for intra-facility and inter-facility transfers to ICU. Participates in patient and family teaching. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with health care team members in maintaining standards for professional practice in the clinical setting. Supports delivery of evidence-based acute assessment and management. Performs procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, wound care, intubation, inserting IABP and invasive CVP and PA lines, and managing infection. Develops and implements patient management plans, records, progress notes and assists in provision of continuity of care. Develops and delivers care continuing education programs. Participates in performance improvement processes. Participates in clinical research.Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- Graduate of an approved NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants) and CAHEA (Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the AMA) accredited Physician Assistant training program;
- Graduate degree as Nurse Practitioner
- CPR Certified
- ACLS Certified
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year critical care experience preferred
- Physical activity includes: balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, waling, pushing, pulling, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and heavy work
- Computer Literate
- Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Must be able to work in hectic environment making sound decisions at all times.