Assistant Director Nursing TMR
Location: Kenmore, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: The McAuley Residence Work Schedule: Days Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Directs, supervises, and coordinates functions and activities in the Nursing Facility. Reports to and consults with Director of Nursing. Develops subordinate staff and coordinates efforts with other departments. Directs the implementation, and ensure compliance with, standards of nursing practiceResponsibilities:
- Registered Nurse currently registered in New York State.
- BA preferred.
- PRI Certification
- Current NYS registration.
KNOWLEDGE SKILL AND ABILITY
- Background to include nursing clinical experience, two years nursing supervision/long term care, rehab nursing
- Two (2) years strong management experience in healthcare setting, LTC management experience preferred
- Experience in preparing, planning and monitoring budgets as directed
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Computer literacy preferred
- Communication skills which may be inclusive of approach, tone of voice, speed of communication, respectfulness and non verbal communication.
- Application of the assessment into the aging process; examples may include height/weight, skin integrity, ADL's, bowel and bladder control.
- Incorporates knowledge of age related physical and mental changes in performing technical skills; examples may include appropriate site for IM injection, range of motion and feeding skills.
- Frequent exposure to many disagreeable physical conditions.
- Continuous exposure to extremely disagreeable physical conditions
- Office environment-may work long, irregular hours
- May be called back in the event of an emergency