Switchboard Operator SCH SJC
Location: Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2019
Status: Part Time w/Benefits Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph Campus Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.400000: Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1168Summary:
Under the supervision of the Lead Switchboard Operator, and according to specified procedures, operates a console telephone switchboard in order to relay incoming, outgoing and inter-office calls. Performs various hospital communications and clerical dutiesResponsibilities:
- High School diploma or GED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
One (1) year switchboard experience, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Must be able to understand English and comprehend oral instruction.
- Must be able to deal with the public, medical staff and hospital personnel in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in decision making.