Sterile Processing Technician SCH SJC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 18, 2019
Status: Full Time Flex Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph Campus Work Schedule: Days and Evenings Shift: Shift 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1168Summary:
Responsible for the washing and decontamination of instruments and equipment. Responsible for equipment retrieval, set-up, testing and distribution and retrieval of instruments from OR. Responsible for house, general and specialty tray assembly, wrapping and sterilization. Responsible for operation, cycle documentation and quality assurance of sterilizers, system 1 (Steris) and decontaminators. Responsible for exchange cart, par level cart, case cart and specialty cart inventory and set-up. Responsible for in-stock inventory management utilizing the Lawson system.Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or GED
- Completion of a central services technician program and eligibility to obtain the following requirements within an 18 month period from the time of hire:
- Current and sustained certification as a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST), a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT), or a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST).
- Maintains a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education units annually.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Successfully passed a nationally accredited central service technician exam, and holds or maintains a temporary or full certifications a CRCST, CSPDT, or CST; or has
- Successfully completed and passed a central service technician program and eligible to sit for the nationally accredited central service technician exam. Associates hired without the certification will need to prove full (CRCST or CSPDT) certification by the 18th month of their employment date or the 18th month from date of transfer into the position.
- Able to identify general instruments
- Lifting trays; walking; standing for periods of time
- Operating equipment, pushing and pulling carts and equipment, reading; writing; communication skills
- Computer skills helpful
- Knowledge of the Lawson system helpful
- Medium to high level of stress; ability to concentrate on task under disruptive conditions; work environment change due to nature of workflow. Exposure to blood and body fluids. Required to wear protective personal apparel as appropriate.