Administrator Picture Archiving Communications System IT SCH
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2019
Status: Full Time Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital Work Schedule: Days Shift: Shift 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesSummary:
Serves as a resident expert on the PACS system(s), knows capabilities of and processing needs of the system, responds to department practice/needs and ensures optimal use of system(s) through coordination with user staff. Provides training and consulting services for installed applications. Ensures appropriate coordination/integration between Hospital systems and the PACS. Responsibilities include PACS system maintenance, management support and trouble-shooting. Provides technical and functional analysis, system building, and support during system implementation. Troubleshoots problems and issues with PACS systems, analyzes issues, performs and documents resolution, and responds to customer requests. Prepares specifications and documentation related to PACS system implementation or revisions. Provides primary support responsibility for the PACS system. Serves as the liaison with the PACS software vendor for questions, issues, implementation and operation audits. Serves as primary liaison between Radiology Department, IS, Imaging equipment and related service vendors for PACS issues. Works directly with Radiology Management to ensure the PACS meets the continually evolving Business need. Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, electrical engineering, radiological sciences or related fields strongly preferred, or 6-8 years equivalent business experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- At least three (3) years of experience in radiology or support of radiology work preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) to six (6) years of computer systems analysis and design, or equivalent Information Systems experience required.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of healthcare experience highly recommended.
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Technical knowledge of Siemens computer applications strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated skills with personal computer applications.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with hospital staff at all levels.
- Ability and means to travel among CHS sites, including valid NYS drivers license.
- Demonstrated track record of project and system documentation.
- Demonstrated track record of facilitating discussions and decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively analyze and anticipate impacts of any changes or modifications, technical or operational to a c Demonstrated knowledge of PACS systems analysis concepts, techniques, tools, and standards required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Radiology applications and the integration between the Radiology system and the PACS system.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.